Makes: 8-10 slices
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-19 minutes
1 Tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil melted
2 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla paste
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup plain yoghurt
½ cup coconut sugar
6 Tbsp almond milk
¾ cup cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking powder
½ cup gluten-free flour
¼ cup Two Islands Chocolate Pea Protein
3 Tbsp chopped chocolate
Method1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees and lightly coat an 8” baking tin
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, egg whites, vanilla and salt.
3. Stir in the yoghurt, mixing until no large lumps remain.
4. Stir in the coconut sugar.
5. Stir in the almond milk.
6. Add the cocoa powder and baking powder, stirring until incorporated.
7. Stir in the flower and Two Islands Chocolate Pea Protein powder until just incorporated.
8. Gently fold in 2 ½ tablespoons of the chopped chocolate.
9. Spread the batter into the prepared pan, and gently push the remaining chopped chocolate into the top.
10. Bake at 160 degrees for 15 – 19 minutes. 15 minutes will achieve the fudgiest brownie. 19 minutes will achieve a slightly cakier brownie.
11. Cool completely to room temperature in the pan once removed from the oven, and let the brownie sit for at least 6 hours at room temperature for the fudgiest texture before serving.
Note: Brownie will keep for at least one week if stored in an airtight container in the fridge, and they also freeze well.
This recipe was created for Two Islands by Nicki of @beautyandtreasures .