Caramel Sauce Ingredients
1/4 cup coconut cream (refrigerate overnight & use the hard layer at the top)
1.5 Tbsp coconut sugar
Pinch of salt
Whipped Coconut Cream
1/3 cup coconut cream (same as above)
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla bean extract
Hot Drink Ingredients
250ml coconut milk
2 scoops Two Islands Salted Caramel
1. Place all caramel sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and heat over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
2. Whip the coconut cream in a chilled bowl using an electric hand beater or stand mixer at a high speed until light and fluffy. Add the other ingredients and mix for another minute.
3. Heat 250ml of coconut milk with 2 scoops of Two Islands Salted Caramel pea protein powder and mix well. Add more if using a larger vessel.
4. Drizzle the caramel sauce around the inside rim of the cup you're using (keeping a little aside) then pour in your hot drink.
5. Spoon the whipped coconut cream on top then drizzle the remaining caramel sauce over top. Enjoy!
This recipe was created by Kirsten of @kirstenbridge.nz