Makes: 12 bars
Prep time: 10 - 15 min
Cook time: freezing time is minimum 2 hrs
Ingredients1 cup shredded coconut
6 Tbsp coconut flour
2 1/2 scoops Two Islands Vanilla and Coconut Pea Protein Powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup macadamia milk
1 1/4cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
* optional * handful of chopped pistachios for topping
1. Line a tray with baking paper and set aside.
2. In a bowl mix coconut oil and protein powder until a paste forms.
3. Add in maple syrup and macadamia milk and keep mixing.
4. Add in shredded coconut and coconut flour until everything is mixed.
5. Use hands to shape into bars and place on lined tray.
6. After you have 12 bars put inside freezer for 2 hours.
7. Once bars have set melt chocolate chips and using two forks dunk the bars into the melted chocolate and make sure they get a nice thick coating and then transfer back on to the tray.
Note: if you are adding a topping to the bars make sure you sprinkle it on while the chocolate is still melted
8. After you have coated and topped all your bars and you can see the chocolate is set to store inside fridge or freezer.
Other: If the mixture is a bit on the dry side when mixing just add an extra splash of milk. Toppings are totally optional and you can use whatever you like.
This recipe was created for Two Islands by Clare of @clareee_mareee .