Makes: ~12 slices
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 55-60 mins
1 cup rolled oats
¼ cup buckwheat
¼ cup Two Islands Co Salted Caramel Protein
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
2 large bananas (~260g)
5 Tbsp chia seeds
¼ cup water
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
¾ cup plant milk
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp apple cider vinegar
½ cup frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line your loaf tin.
2. Grind your chia seeds in a blender until fine and mix with the water. Leave to sit for ~10 minutes to create a chia egg.
3. Mash your bananas super well and set aside. Mix your apple cider vinegar with your soy milk and set aside also.
4. Process your oats and buckwheat into a flour, sift into a large bowl with the other dry ingredients and mix.
5. In another bowl mix your melted coconut oil, milk, vanilla, mashed banana and chia egg.
6. Add the wets into the dries and mix to combine.
7. Roll your frozen raspberries in a small amount of oat/other flour to prevent them from bleeding into the loaf. Fold into the mixture.
8. Pour into your lined loaf tin, sprinkle over any toppings (I like almond slithers, cinnamon and coconut, or you can top with sliced banana and cinnamon!)
9. Bake for 55-60 mins, or until a fork comes out clean. It may differ slightly between ovens so keep an eye on it after about 45-50!
10. Enjoy as is or with a spread of peanut butter, chia jam and/or coconut yoghurt!
This recipe was created by Jasmine of @thislifeasjasmin .