Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes (granola)
1 Tbsp Two Islands Co Salted Caramel Protein
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
2 Tbsp hot water
1 small banana
1 tsp coconut/extra virgin olive oil
Small handful of berries
½-1 cup coconut yoghurt
½ cup granola (recipe below)
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Slice half of your banana, toss in cinnamon and lightly pan fry in the coconut oil/ extra virgin olive oil until golden and caramelised.
2. Add your water, salted caramel protein and coconut sugar to a small pot over a low-medium heat and stir constantly until it thickens into a caramel sauce.
3. Slice the rest of your banana and place it in the bottom of your jar, top with a few berries. Drizzle in some salted caramel sauce.
4. Layer on your granola and coconut yoghurt, drizzling over a little salted caramel sauce at various points so it is swirled through the jar.
5. Top with a few more berries, your caramelised banana slices, cinnamon and drizzle over the rest of the salted caramel sauce!
Banana Bread Granola
¾ cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp buckwheat
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray
2. Mix your oats, buckwheat, cinnamon and salt in a bowl
3. Mash the banana super well and mix with the peanut butter and maple syrup.
4. Pour your wet mix over the dried and toss to coat well.
5. Spread out your granola mix on the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until crispy and golden, (but not burnt!), tossing halfway.
6. Leave to cool before enjoying!
This recipe was created for Two Islands by Jasmin of @thislifeasjasmin