Makes: 11 muffins
Prep time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 15-20 min.
2 cups almond meal
2 bananas, mashed
2 large eggs
3 scoops Two Islands Salted Caramel Protein
2 tsp maca (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 Tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Dash of almond milk if needed
2 medjool dates, soaked
2 Tbsp almond butter
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Begin by making your filling. Blend together your soaked medjool dates and almond butter. You may need to add a splash of water to help combine. Once smooth, set it aside to make your muffins.
3. Mix almond meal, protein, maca (if using), baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together until they are combined evenly. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and combine. If the mixture is too dry, add some almond milk or any other milk of your choice.
5. Fill your muffin tins up halfway with the muffin mixture (roughly half of the batter). Now scoop a bit of your date mixture into the center for each muffin. Once you have used up your date mixture, fill the rest of the muffin tin to the top using the other half of your muffin mixture. This should make about 11 muffins. Add any desired topping to this. I have used macadamias and buckwheat.
6. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Let them cool slightly and enjoy!
This recipe was created for Two Islands by Shannon of @naturalheal.th .