Serves approximately: 12-16 people
Prep time: 2 hours (Cashews soaking takes time the rest of preparation is quick)
Freeze time: 4 hours
1 cup of Pitted Dates (soaked in warm water)
2 cups of Almond Flour
1/4 cup of Coconut Flour
1/4 cup of Coconut Shreds
2 scoops of Two Islands Chocolate Protein Powder
1/2 cup Cacao Powder
1/4 cup Rice Malt Syrup
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Vanilla essence
2 1/2 cups of raw cashews (Soak for 2 hours in boiling water)
1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
4 Tbsp Rice Malt Syrup
2 scoops of Two Islands Vanilla Collagen Powder
1 cup of Coconut milk or cream
3/4 cup nut butter of choice
1 cup of pitted dates (soaked in warm water)
1 scoop of Two Islands Vanilla Collagen Powder
2 Tbsp Rice malt syrup
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 cup of liquid (water/nut milk/coconut milk)
Optional: Add a chocolate layer on the very top - melt dark chocolate or make your own with 1/4 cup cacao powder, 4 tbsp rice malt syrup and 1/4 tbsp coconut oil and 1/4 cup nut butter
1. Pre-soak the raw cashews in boiling water for 2 hours. Soak pitted dates in boiling water also so they are ready to use. Set aside.
2. Using a food processor blend all the ingredients for the "Base" until a thick blend of ingredients forms.
3. Place the base ingredients into a cake tin - push down and form a flat layer.
Note: with raw cakes, you don't need baking paper as once frozen they don't stick and are easy to remove.
4. Place all the "Filling" ingredients in a blender (NutriBullet or Food processor) and blend for around 3 minutes or until super smooth and creamy.
5. Pour the filling into the cake tin on top of the base.
6. Place the cake in the freezer and start on the caramel frosting.
7. Place all frosting ingredients into a blender (including the pre-soaked dates). Blend until smooth and creamy - add more liquid if need be. 8. Pour into a bowl and leave in the fridge until the Raw cake has hardened (Generally 4 hours)
9. Take the cake out the tin once firm and pour the caramel glaze on top or pour while cake is still in the tin and leave to set in freezer - this will form another cake layer instead of creamy frosting.
10. ENJOY - you will want cake to slightly defrost so place in fridge a couple hours before serving or leave on kitchen bench covered up.
This recipe was created for Two Islands by Ruby of @earthlingrubyy .