Prep Time:15 minutes
Cooling Time:15 minutes
Overall Time approx.: 30 minutes
40g of Vanilla and Coconut Two Islands Pea Protein Powder
30g of Coconut Flour
40ml of Brown Rice Syrup*
100g of Coconut Butter from the jar (slightly melted)
1Tbsp of Filtered Water
1Tbsp of Dried Apricots (chopped)
10 g of Walnuts (chopped)
2Tbsp of Shredded Coconut
(Can change quantities depending on personal preference and allergies etc. can also add in any other ingredients of choice such as nuts/seeds.)
2Tbsp of dairy-free chocolate (melted)
1. Line a Baking Pan (approx. 22cm x 12cm) with Baking Paper.
2. Combine together the Protein Powder and Coconut Flour in a medium/large bowl.
3. Add in the Brown Rice Syrup, Coconut Butter and slowly pour in the Water (1 tsp at a time) until the mixture is a similar consistency to play dough (the mixture shouldn't crumble**)(you may need to use your hands)
4. Stir through any of the optional ingredients of choice.
5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and press in.
6. Place in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes to set. Remove from freezer and slice into 6 bars
7. Melt the dairy free chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Drizzle the chocolate over the bars or Dip them into the chocolate. Return to freeze to set further.
8. Serve and enjoy. Keep in a sealed container in the fridge.
*The Brown Rice Syrup may be replaced with Rice Malt Syrup
**If the mixture is too crumbly, add in more filtered water, 1 tsp at a time. If it is too runny, then add a touch more coconut flour.
This recipe was created for Two Islands by @foodforlucyy .