Caramel Nut Bars
1 cup raw peanuts
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup puffed buckwheat (or puffed rice)
1/4 cup chia seeds
Salted Caramel Sauce
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp maple syrup (+ more to adjust sweetness if need be)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1-3 Tbsp water (to thin if need be)
1 heaped scoop Two Islands Salted Caramel Pea Protein
200g dark chocolate
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
1. Line square baking tin with baking paper
2. Roughly chop nuts in food processor.
3. Once chopped, mix all dry ingredients together in a medium-large bowl.
4. Put sauce ingredients (except for water and protein powder) in a pot on low heat and whisk until smooth. Add in water one tablespoon at a time and whisk to thin out sauce if need be.
5. Take off heat and add in pea protein powder, and whisk until well mixed in.
6. Pour sauce ingredients over dry and mix together well.
7. Place mixture and press/flatten into prepared tin and place in fridge/freezer to set.
8. On low heat, melt chocolate and coconut oil and whisk until smooth.
9. Once nut mixture is set, pour chocolate over and return to fridge/freezer to set.
10. Once set, cut into desired bar sizes.
11. Store in fridge/freezer.