Cheesy Herbed Protein Crackers
3/4 cup Chickpea flour; more for dusting
1/3 cup Nutritional yeast
4 tbsp Fresh dill or herb of choice, finely chopped (optional)
1/2 teapoon of Salt
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
6 tablespoons of Warm Water
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, dill and salt. Add the oil and water, and stir until combined. Use hands to work the dough to make sure everything is mixed well. The dough should be smooth and stiff, but not sticky.
3. Shape the dough into a rough rectangle and place onto a piece of baking paper dusted with chickpea flour. Roll the dough with a rolling pin into a thin, even rectangle. Dust with more chickpea flour if dough is too sticky.
4. Cut the rectangle into small rectangles with a knife and sprinkle with salt.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until light golden brown. Let completely and then break into pieces.
6. Store the crackers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 6 months.