Coconut Feijoa Cake with Vanilla and Coconut Icing
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
150g vegan butter, softened * (Nuttelex here)
1 and 1/2 cups coconut sugar
Aquafaba from 1 can of chickpeas
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
1 cup peeled and well-chopped feijoas
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup butter
1/2 icing sugar
1 serving Vanilla and Coconut Protein Powder
1. Heat the oven to 180degC (option 160degC fan bake). Grease the base and sides of a round cake tin.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add in the 12 tablespoons of aquafaba, beating well until thick and creamy.
3. Sift the flour and Vanilla and Coconut Protein Powder and baking powder together
4. Fold the creamed mixture into the flour
5. Add the coconut, feijoas and coconut milk.
6. Pour into the prepared cake tin.
7. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool for 20-30 minutes.
9. Mix the butter, icing sugar and Vanilla and Coconut Protein Powder together
10. Once the cake has cooled. Ice the cake and enjoy!
The recipe was created for Two Islands by Nicky of @goodfornicks .