Mint Chocolate Bars
15 medjool dates, pitted
1 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
pinch of sea salt
1/4 cup Two Islands Chocolate Pea Protein
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
1 tsp peppermint extract
80g cacao butter, grated
1. Pit dates and soak in a bowl of hot water for 10mins and then drain. This will prevent the mixture from being too dry.
2. Add dates, coconut flakes, cacao powder, chocolate protein powder, salt and flax meal into a food processor. Blend until a crumbled mixture forms.
3. Melt the cacao butter and peppermint extract together in a small saucepan over a low heat.
4. Add melted butter and peppermint extract to the mixture in the food processor and mix until fully combined.
5. Line a metal tray with baking paper and press the mixture down until firmly packed.
6. Pop in the fridge for 30-40mins to set. Cut into bars and dust with extra cacao powder.
7. Keep in an airtight container and in the fridge.