3/4 cup of nut butter
3/4 cup of coconut flour
3 tbsp maple syrup
SALTED CARAMEL MOUSSE
3/4 cup of coconut sugar
3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 serving (25 grams) Two Islands salted caramel protein
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Line a 22 cm x 12 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Over a double boiler heat all salted caramel mousse ingredients until they reach 65 °C or above.
3. Transfer the mixture into another bowl and begin whisking on medium-high speed until large peaks form and mousse has cooled to room temperature. Transfer into prepared loaf tin and place in freezer until almost frozen - about 2-3 hours.
4. Just before taking mousse out of the freezer combine all of the ingredients for the nougat and mix to form a thick dough.
5. Take the mousse out of the freezer and out of the tin. Reline with another lot of baking paper.
6. Press nougat into the newly lined tin and spread the mousse on top. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
7. Working quickly, lift from the pan and slice horizontally into approximately 6 bars. Re-Freeze.
8. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil - If needed you can add more coconut oil to make the mixture go further about another 1tbsp max.
9. Place bars on a wire rack with a piece of baking paper underneath.
10. Spoon the melted chocolate onto of each bar, coating completely and freeze.
11. Once the chocolate is solid, carefully pop them off the wire rack and dip the bottom in the melted chocolate and/or spoon it over the bottom. Place back on wire rack and return to freezer until frozen.
12. Slice up the bars into smaller bite-sized pieces. Keep in freezer.