Oreo Style Vegan Cookies
Chocolate Cream Ingredients
3/4c dark chocolate chips
1/2c coconut cream
Dash of vanilla essence
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (optional)
1/2c soaked Brazil nuts
1/2c almond meal
1 c soaked dates
1/4c Two Islands Chocolate Protein Powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1. Make chocolate cream first by heating coconut cream on low heat and take off heat.
2. Add in the rest and whisk until smooth.
3. Place in microwave safe bowl/container and place in fridge to thicken.
4. Add all cookie ingredients to a food processor and blend until a dough has formed. Dough should hold its shape but not be too sticky.
5. Transfer dough to a floured surface (cacao powder here) and roll out with a rolling pin to desired thickness. Don't make them too thin.
6. Cut out cookies with a cookie cutter, use up excess dough until even amount of cookies has been made or until you've run out.
7. Transfer cookies onto baking paper on a tray and place in freezer for 1 hour. Chocolate cream should now be thick. If too thick and not spreadable, heat in microwave in 10 second increments.
8. Either using a piping bag or table spoon, spread cream onto cookies and sandwich together. Keep in fridge or freezer.