1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup of coconut oil + 1 tablespoon
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips - vegan if required
1 serving (25 grams) of Two Islands peanut butter protein
1. Place muffin liners in a muffin tray.
2. Melt 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a bowl over a double boiler.
3. Once the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and stir through protein powder.
4. Pour mix into the muffin liners (about 1cm thick) and place in freezer until set - about 10 minutes.
5. Mix peanut butter with 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil in a bowl. Pour mixture over the set chocolate base and return to freezer until firm.
6. Melt 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a bowl over a pot of simmering water again and pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer.
7. Place in freezer for a further 5-10 minutes until set. Pop the peanut butter cups out of their liners and enjoy or keep in fridge for up to 4 days.
NOTE: The chocolate layer on the bottom is lighter than the top as I used milk chocolate for the bottom and dark chocolate for the top layer. You can do this too if you would like variation or use the same chocolate throughout.