1 tablespoon tahini
3 tablespoons Two Islands salted caramel protein
5 tablespoons milk of choice
1/4 teaspoon miso paste
NOTE: double ingredients to make one large tart.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees fanbake.
2. Combine all ingredients for short crust in a mixing bowl, use hands to mix well and form a dough-like ball.
3. Press the short crust dough into two greased 2x9cm mini fluted pie pans. Use a fork to poke holes all on the bottom of the crust. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10mins or until crust becomes golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, make the miso-caramel filling by mixing all the filling ingredients together in a saucepan on low heat. Turn heat off once everything is melted. Do not let boil or overheat. The mixture will thicken up once cooled.
5. Once the tart bases are done baking let cool within the tart pan for 10 minutes. Carefully take the tarts out of the pie pans and pour the filling onto the tart base. Let filling settle for another 5 minutes.
6. Serve at room temperature, or pop in the fridge for 1 hour to serve as a cold tart; in the freezer for 30 minutes as a freezer cake.
7. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, and in the freezer for up to two weeks. Defrost before serving.