¼ cup cacao power
6 pitted dates
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 can coconut cream
1 serving (25 grams) Two Islands chocolate protein
1 tablespoon Pics Peanut Butter (smooth)
Toppings: Cacao nibs, strawberries
Note: The dates both naturally sweeten the mousse and help to thicken it. I have also substituted the dates with 1 tablespoon coconut sugar without altering the consistency of the mousse.
1. In a saucepan, combine cacao powder, Two Islands Co protein powder, 1 can coconut cream.
2. Warm over a low heat, whisking to combine.
3. Add dates, vanilla extract and peanut butter and stir gently to combine.
4. Remove from heat and transfer mixture into a blender. Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
5. Taste and adjust flavour as needed, adding more cacao powder or dates for sweetness.
6. Once you are happy with the flavour, transfer to a bowl and cover.
7. Refrigerate until cold and thickened, preferably overnight.
8. To serve, divide between dessert glasses and add toppings.
9. Keep in fridge for up to 5 days.